Friday, June 1, 2012

Rounding Third Base



"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to be born or hatch."  - E.B. White, Charlotte's Web


We've made it to the third trimester!  Please forgive me for the baseball metaphor in the blog title.  Since we found out Baby Bond/Tripp is a boy, Davis and I have taken part in many discussions revolving around whether Tripp will be a righty, lefty, or switch hitter.  As you can imagine, I don't offer much insight either way.  

So anyway, we are in the home stretch!  We have less than three months until our little fella enters our world.  I'm waiting on that whole nesting thing to kick in because as of right now, I really have no desire to do anything but watch "Days of Our Lives" and eat baked goods.  My current baked good of choice is oatmeal cream pies, but I've thoroughly enjoyed donuts, vanilla Oreos, Nutter Butter bites, and cupcakes throughout my pregnancy, respectively.  Part of me can not wait till he is here and another part of me (the one who knows we have a ton left to do on our new house and nursery) wouldn't mind the last trimester moving a little more slowly than the second.  

All that really matters is he seems to be healthy and is growing.  His kicks are getting stronger and my belly is getting bigger (although the oatmeal cream pies could have a little something to do with that?).  I've received requests from friends for "belly pics," and I have been reluctant to post any because for whatever reason, I feel kind of silly taking pics of my belly.  Buuuuut, here ya go.  I'm large and in charge, and this summer is only going to get hotter.


I am COMPLETELY cheesed out by this, but there ya go.
28 weeks preggo


I'll end this post with some of my favorite baby boy things I have begun to collect.  Is there anything cuter than mini-human being clothes?  Maybe puppies and the mini-humans themselves, but this stuff is still rediculously cute!



Thanks Blair and Austin!  These are the cutest pants EVER.


Tripp will be ready for the beach in October.


Thanks (again) to Blair and Austin for these sweet slippers!



Thanks to Mann & Paige Mitchell for the UK piggy bank.
The UK vs. Ole Miss baby things scorecard currently looks like this:
UK 3 - Ole Miss 0.  Mommy likes.  

2 comments:

  1. you look adorable :) just wait until the nesting kicks in...where you will be sterilizing bottles at 2am for no reason!

    ReplyDelete